Venue details: London
Date & time: 12/04/2018 10:30 - 17:30
KPIs play a vital role in successfully managing business performance and can be applied to the whole organisation as well as any part within it. So, this course is relevant for senior leaders and directors (CEOs, CFOs, etc.), general managers, business unit managers, sales and marketing managers, HR managers, management accountants and other finance professionals. Basically, the course is of interest to anyone who wants an up-to-date overview of how to measure and monitor business performance.
- Using KPIs as the vital navigation tools for your business.
- How to identify and select the relevant key metrics for your business.
- How not to develop KPS and the common traps to avoid.
- The different reasons for measuring performance and why they matter.
- How to use key performance questions (KPQs) to guide your KPI development.
- The key financial and non-financial KPIs in use today.
- Innovative ways to measure e.g. financial, customer, operations and people performance.
- Best practice KPI development through the use of KPI design template.
- How to test your KPIs to ensure they are 'good KPIs'.
- Target setting and benchmarking your KPIs.
Learning outcomes include obtaining:
A practical understanding of how to develop a small number of relevant and meaningful KPIs to measure any aspect of business performance, including:
- how to ensure the KPIs are providing you with the answers to your most important business questions
- the latest and most innovative financial and non-financial indicators
- how to develop both leading and lagging indicators
- how to set the right KPI targets that are both stretching and achievable
- how leading companies from around the world are developing KPIs to truly gain meaningful management insights
- the best ways to present KPIs in dashboard and reports.